Things to See and Do
- Visit Newcastle’s famous surfing beaches
- Take in the breathtaking views from the Anzac memorial walk completed in 2015 and a must do for any visitor to the region (Click here for directions)
- Walk the harbour foreshore past Nobby’s lighthouse along the breakwater
- Take a relaxing break overlooking the harbour as ships from all parts of the globe come and go
- Walk through ocean side King Edward Park, take in the views or take a dip in the Bogie Hole pool
- See some of Australia’s great art works at the Newcastle Regional Gallery
- Visit the newly opened Maritime Centre on the harbour
- Take a helicopter joy ride over the city or be whisked away to the vineyards
- Enjoy a round of golf an any of the many magnificent courses in the area
- Watch a whale at Port Stephens
- Go wine tasting
The Hunter is famous for its wines. Under the unique growing conditions in the Hunter, Semillon and Shiraz grapes in particular develop very special qualities and the top quality wines they produce are highly sought after.
In recent times, under the direction of some of the most talented wine makers in the country, the wine repertoire of the region has expanded greatly and offers visitors the opportunity to sample and purchase a wide range of quality wines in addition to the more traditional styles.
Wine tasting tours can be organized by helicopter, private limousine or by charter bus, just contact a member of our management team and we will be happy to assist.
For more information on the local area visit:
Newcastle Tourism - http://www.visitnewcastle.com.au/visitnewcastle.asp
Hunter Valley Wine Country - http://www.winecountry.com.au
Port Stephens Tourism - http://www.portstephens.org.au/
Lake Macquarie Tourism - http://www.visitlakemac.com.au/
Hunterhunter - http://www.hunterhunter.com.au/